Thursday, September 25, 2008

I see Ralfy.

Location: Pete's Cafe on Fordham Rd. in the Bronx , NY.
People: Ralfy , Amanda Marie , Will , Carlos and Myself.
Renaissance Man : a present-day man who has acquired profound knowledge or proficiency in more than one field. In the world nowadays it definetley pays to be one of this caliber. Take a look into the man we label Revolvers Fresh.














Name and or nickname.
Obviously put Revolvers Fresh , but put A.K.A. Cabar and C to the R.
What area or borough do you reside in?
Bronx. All day , everyday.
What does the bronx mean to you?
Home. My childhood , my livelyhood. (eric) Anything else? (eric) Nah , those are the first things that come to mind. So it's nice to finally sit down and do this. Its certainly been a long time coming , dont you think?
Of course , of course. You were the first one to come up to me discussing this project. I've always been down to collaborate. I see big , big things with this.
Why do you think my project is going to blow?
Well it's for the same reason why everyone is interested in viewing it. You're showcasing up and coming people in a sense and it just gives everyone the opportunity to show people that you're a traveler. It's a good media for everyone to see whats going on , on a more humble level whether it be music or anything else.
So: I know to a certain extent the reason behind it. Explain the name more in depth.
The whole revolvers fresh thing? (eric) Yes sir. (eric) For those who dont know , the whole revolvers fresh thing is a breakdown of two ideas. Revolvers : the dictionary definiton is a thing or person that revovles , the chamber of a gun or a person. The whole process is revolving , changing. And fresh is the retainment of all original properties un-impaired. And basically that means , who you are despite your surroundings or other influences. You being fresh and orginal to yourself. Revolvers fresh is staying true to yourself and surroundings and constantly evolving. (eric) Ahh ok , I get it. (eric)




What do you consider yourself to be?
I consider myself to be ... an entertainer ... whether it being if someone gets a rise out of a few verses that i drop or a graphic that i make. It's about making people laugh. If they send me a comment about something i made It makes me smile knowing that I made them smile with my personal creativity. The thing with the minor blogging , I just like to speak the truth and bring it out. You get that "its so true" with some things I speak about , I like be the revealer of social truths.
Main thing you want to achieve as of now?
I want to find myself in a position where I can transcend my graphic design and find a more profitable place for it.(eric) Meaning...start your own business? (eric) Ummm , not necessairly start my own business but go into businesss for myself. I might end up taking an apprenticeship underneath my tattoo artist. So that may be a big possibly of what I might start doing.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
2 Kids. An adorable pet pug. (eric) Laughs (eric) Laid up on the couch playing something on the next playstation , 3 or 4 . And being able to work from home comfortably. (eric) Sounds good to me. (eric) Right.


What do you think of the fashion industry as of now?
Fashion industry , or fashion styles... (eric) Ummmm...both. (eric) Well ummm , I dont really follow the industry. But fashion styles here in ny , is more of a joke. You have people that just try to emmulate what they see on tv. You know , and this is what pised me off. Ima give you an example. I've been looking for a particular pair of sneakers for a while. Kanye West was photographed with the sneakers on and the value of this sneaker shot up just from being on Kanye Wests feet. It was a huge turn off. I no longer desired it anymore. It's not the sneaker i wanted , just the sneaker that kanye west had.
What do you think of the music industry as of now?
I dont follow it at all. I dont watch tv , or listen to the radio. Its not about whats in , its about what its bringing.It's about what you're bringing. I think that it's a fucking circus right now.
Current vice in your life?
Uhhhh. Just trying to push forward. Determination , really. The hope that tomorrow will bring something better. And luck. (eric) Thats good , because most dont have that vice... (eric)
Being the fact we both love and have tattoo's. Don't you find it mad funny when one gets tattoos only as a status symbol? Because its "cool"?
My new number one pet peeve , is this explosion of chest pieces. (eric) Why? (eric) Its one thing to... get a tattoo because its deep in meaning or something personal in your life. But to randomly get something because its "cool" or to impress girls or guys... Its permanment and you have to have a reason to get it. When girls get stuff like stars ... becuase they think its cute. Stop that. (eric) I hate when i see people with stupid shit on they body...(eric) Everything on my body has meaning.



















When people think of you , what do you want them to think?
I just want them to see me as a person that is being themself. A person that is doing what they want. I want people to view me as a creative person who is bringing something orginal.
Greatest song of all time and why? Any genre. it doesnt matter.
Deftones "Lifter" (eric) Why is that? (eric) Its just my favorite song to zone out to. My favorite band to listen to when im drawing , illustrating , or whatever im doing graphically. Thats what im listening to.
Im asking all my dudes questions about women to put them on the spot. Women , we cant live with them , cant live without them? Why is this?
Its just like how it sounds. You need that counter-part , basic human survial. Man and woman are needed to continue our race , our species. Thats it in its basic form. We know how much more complicated they can get. (eric) You seen that show wildin' out? Where they have that jury thing? Thats why i ask questions like that , to see if my dudes will say "i plead the fifth". Haha. (eric)
How come dudes cant compliment each other? Give props , recognition? Yea , so how come?
Its insercurity in themselves. Some people feel that they cant give recognition to a person because it gives away from their character. It could be a person that is doing successfully. Two lawyers , one at a more respected firm ..he wont give props to the other because he's not there. I personally have no problem at giving props to someone who diserves it. If your shit is up there , you diserve that recognition. (eric) I agree all the way. (eric) People need to be more supportive of one another.
Regarding your I Disrespect Bitches Stamp : What does I.D.B. mean in your mind?
Allright. I seem to get alot flank for this , especially from alot of women out there. Ladies , ladies , ladies...Do not be mistaken by my cause , and message. I am in no way shape or form trying to be offensive to my lovely ladies out there. Its just you bitches I cant stand. (eric) And by bitches , what do you mean? (eric) A bitch can be a man or a woman. (eric) Meaning? (eric) A person that is spiteful or overbearing or just a person that just goes out of there way to be unpleasant or ruin your day , thats a bitch. A bitch is also a dude that is not straight forward with his agenda , those are what we call "bitch-made tendencies". So you know , to summarize it all..I.D.B. is to those type of individuals , men and women. (eric) That makes perfect sense. (eric)
Heh. Being Mr. Graphic Design and what not , do you look at my myspace page and just think "eghck"?
Not at all. Im a big fan of simple design. To me , clean , straight forward , ledgible design... Sometimes people make that mistake in being too flashy and it takes away from the point of what they are trying to get at. Less is more as they say sometimes.

How long have you been doing graphic design?
All my life. I was always the kid in school drawing pictures for other people. Batman , spiderman ... they came to me. People wanted tocan sam fighting the smacks frog ... they came to me .. Actually , I drew that and then people said they had never thought about it.
On the graphic design pics , ive seen WDYWT imprinted onto them. What does that stand for?
Ummm. Basically it stands for "What Did You Wear Today". (eric) And what does that mean? (eric) Well there is a forum that I used to frequent heavy a few years ago and that was niketalk. And there was a section for you to post what you wore. (eric) Allright... (eric) Kind of like an insight to fashion styles and trends around the world. I just found it to be a bit boring just posting your outfit so I thought of a way to make it fun putting myself into movie scenes. Alot of people started digging it..and it got to the point where I was recognized in the street by it. People would request different movie scenes...(eric) Themselves , or you? (eric) Myself in certain movies scenes saying "you should do this movie , or that movie ... " Big Shouts to niketalk for the shine and exposure for that. I should have a new adventure up soon. (eric) laughs (eric)
What got you into it?
My mother , my mother is my biggest inspiration. She was an artist , a painter. Being the first born I was always around her doing art. I looked up to my mother greatly. It was only natural for me to follow her (art).
What are your next projects?
Umm , a few projects for my own personal gain. Designing a few more pieces for tattooing. (eric) And? (eric) I got the L.O.V.E. project , im not going to get into it. (eric)Thats the one im in? (eric) Yeah. (eric) I look forward to it. (eric)
Well thanks for the time bretheren. Anything else you'd like to get off your chest?
Umm. People need to show more love to one another , whether black , white , spanish or asian. All this black and spanish animosity towards one another. Certain hoods , that bullshit needs to stop. We bleed the same blood , its not about the outside. (eric) And thats the truth. (eric)
Anything else?
If you aint from brooklyn , stay out. You already know about that eric. HAHAH. (eric) Yes I do. Haha. (eric)
Well thank you again. Im sure we shall connect with these future projects and make it all work.
: DAPS :
Thats it?
Real quick shout. Shouts to Knape , spotlight , the whole OIS Time and Tide crew , and my brothers. and last but not least , my boobie thats playing solitare right next to me. (eric) Heh. (eric)
Peaaaaaaaaaace.




Some Sample Work:
















5 comments:

love.keturah said...

you get all the dope interviews.

Unknown said...

pugs shed everywhere

Anonymous said...

Dude you guys where like doggin' that food lil piggies.

LMao

I think I used to have that Dude as a myspace friend sometime ago, but i always delete people I don't really know or talk to oh well

jamila said...

keep it coming!!!!!!

Maada said...

thought provoking questions, man this was a great interview.